Three men suspected to be of Fulani extraction have been arrested by the police in Busunu and handed over to the Damongo police for allegedly involving in a robbery incident on the Damongo to Kotito road.

The suspects succeeded in forcefully taking two motorbikes at gun point belonging to campaign team members of the New Patriotic Pary(NPP) in the Damongo Constituency campaign that were returning to Damongo from some communities on the Kotito to Damongo road after meeting party faithfuls.

One person sustained several degrees of injuries after he was shot in the process and currently receiving treatment at the Damongo Catholic Hospital

An eye witness who was part of the team, Mr Rauf Sly narrated the incident to Bole based Nkilgi FM and disclosed that they were moving to Damongo after their engagement with party members and all of a sudden the young men who had already attacked two motor riders flashed touchlights into their vehicle.

The driver who sensed danger quickly reversed and veered into the bush and so the members succeeded in jumping out of the vehicle and runned into the bush. The armed men had already seized the two motorbikes of two members of the campagn team who took the lead.

The NPP campaign team lodged a formal complain to the police in Damongo at about 12:00midnight on Monday 31st August, 2020 and as well made calls to the police in Busunu and other places in the region.

The suspects according to the police in Busunu were arrested at about 4:00am on Monday 31st August, 2020 with pictures of the motorbikes taken and sent to Damongo which the NPP team recognised as their motorbikes.

One of the the suspects however managed to run away after telling the police he was going to bring the documents of the motorbikes with the remaining three escorted to the police in Damongo where they are assisting the police in investigation.

The Kotito area last year witnessed a similar robbery incident involving the Damongo Constituency National Democratic Congress (NDC) Secretary and some executives who were robbed at gun point with their mobile phones seized.