The lawyers of Former NPP Chairman for Damongo Nana Kwame Aboagye has served a Notice to Yahaya Mumuni Kiyoyo who is the NDC Communication Officer for Damongo constituency and PAD Fm at Damongo for an immediate and unconditional apology for false and defamatory publication and broadcast on 26th July, 2019 between the hours of 8:00am to 8:30am.
The notice from Nana Kwame’s lawyers dated 30th July, 2019 said said his client was described “as a fraudster and defrauded two oil marketing companies” among many issues.
Read the full Notice to
Yahaya Mumuni Kiyoyo and PAD FM below:
BEN BALURI SAIBU ESQ.
DOUGLAS KWAME ADJEI ESQ.
MOHAMMED MUSAH EQS.
(SOLICITORS AND ADVOCATES)
OFFICE: WATER WORKS ROAD
P.O. BOX 1447,
July 30, 2019
- YAHAYA MUMUNI (alias Kiyoyo)
JAFO JUNIOR SECONDARY SCOOL
DAMONGO- SAVANNAH REGION
- THE GENSRAL MANAGER
DAMONGO – SAVANNAH REGION
DEMAND NOTICE – IMMEDIATE RETRACTION AND UNCONDITIONAL APOLOGY FOR FALSE AND DEFAMATORY PUBLICATION /BROADCAST
We act as solicitors for and on behalf of KWAME ABOAGYE, of P.O. BOX 49, Damongo in the Savannah Region of Ghana and we write this letter on his instructions.
Our client has handed over to us a copy of an radio recording of a defamatory publication and broadcast by YAHAYA MUMUNI (alias Kiyoyo) a teacher, about our client on Radio PAD. Damongo on the 26th July, 2019 between 8:00pm and 8:31pm in the evening.
The content of the publication and broadcast, was in the Gonja language by YAHAYA MUMUNI (alias Kiyoyo) in the said publication and broadcast on Radio PAD, YAHAYA MUMUNI (alias Kiyoyo) carried false and defamatory comments thus.
i. That our client is a fraudster and defrauded two Oil Marketing Companies as a result of which our client’s fuel station in Damongo has been confiscated.
ii. That our client is a womanizer and us in the habit of sleeping with the wife’s and girlfriends of his friends and employees. And he had impregnated so many women in Damongo, Damongo Junction and Yipei all in the Savannah Region.
iii. That our client is the brain behind the collapse of GN bank, Damongo branch, for borrowing Gh¢ 250,000.00 which he never paid back to the bank and leading to the dismissal of the Bank Manager.
iv. That our client is bankrupt and had to approach the NDC sitting MP for Damongo Constituency, Adam Mutawakilu (alias Garlus) to use the MPs Commons fund to liquidate our client’s debts to two companies.
v. That our client has exploited the youth of Damongo enrich himself.
Our client says that, even though YAHAYA MUMUNI (alias Kiyoyo) did not mention him by name, the said defamatory statement pointed at him as a former Damongo constituency NPP chairman also as a contestant for NPP Regional chairmanship in the Savannah Region.
A summary of our instruction in as follows;
- That our client denies each and every allegation contained in the publication and the comments made by YAHAYA MUMUNI (alias Kiyoyo) on 26th July,2019 between 8:00pm and 8:31pm.
- That the Radio station denied our client the opportunity to respond to the false allegations contained in the publication and broadcast.
- That the Radio station should have been circumspect and cautious in allowing YAHAYA MUMUNI (alias Kiyoyo) to publish and broadcast the false allegation about our client.
- That our client takes a serious view of and dissatisfied with the conduct of YAHAYA MUMUNI (alias Kiyoyo) and the Radio station.
- That the said publication and broadcast contained libelous material and has the effect of undermining the integrity and reputation of our client in the minds of the people of West Gonja District, Savannah Region and right thinking Ghanaians.
- That your broadcast of the false allegations portrays our client as dishonest, immoral and bankrupt businessman.
In the light of the foregoing, we have been specifically instructed to demand that you do the following;
a. That you take immediate steps to retract the publication/ broadcast which you gave wide coverage on 26th July,2019.
b. That you must give the retraction the same prominence and publicity as you gave to the publication/Broadcast on Radio PAD in Gonja for two (2) days.
c. That you render unconditional and unqualified written apology to our client and broadcast same as was done with the publication/Broadcast of the false allegation.
d. That you must notify our client of the date and day you must publicize and broadcast the retraction and apology.
You are required to do as demanded in the foregoing paragraphs within seven (7) days of receipt if this notice. In the event of your failure,refusal or neglect to do as demanded above, our client shall have no option but to initiate legal proceedings against you to vindicate his right.
Be advised accordingly.
DOUGLAS KWAME ADJEI ESQ.
SOLICITOR FOR KWAME ABOAGYE
SOLIC. NO. NR 21542/19
Cc. MR KWAME ABOAGYE
P.O. BOX 49